Hmmm…planning a trip to this marvelous continent? I’ve been here long enough to have a few things down. Practice these and you’ll be a pro.
1) Place yourself in a situation where you feel like you might be run over. Preferably one including goats on motorbikes.
2) Hold a baby who is not wearing a diaper. Feel the risk.
3) Be yelled at by someone who is not angry, but just tends to yell.
4) Refuse to pay the first price.
5) Trigger an impromptu dance party just by humming.
6) Sit in the sun and drink an orange Fanta from a glass bottle.
7) Decline a marriage proposal.
8) Drive a stick.
9) Play music from your phone on speaker. Walk around.
(*preferably Chop My Money by PSquared)
10) Go ahead and cancel your return flight, because you won’t want to leave this place.
Have you spent time in Africa? What would you add to this list?
Photo by Ruben Plomp